Your Portland home’s exterior gives an ongoing first impression, and the work it takes to properly maintain it can be concerning. Portland homeowners need to be armed with the knowledge of how quality siding, high-performance windows, and a secure roof can seal their home from the elements and protect it from mold and moisture issues. No one wants to find out the hard way that they should have paid attention to the their home’s exterior sooner.
It’s critical to keep up with your home, so we’ve created the ultimate checklist to fortify your exterior and give you peace of mind. Here are some practical things to check:
- Does your siding show evidence of moisture damage or rotting?
- Is your siding warped or chipped?
- Does your siding show evidence of termite damage?
- Has the color on your siding faded significantly?
- Is the caulking surrounding your windows still intact?
- Do clouded windows make it difficult to enjoy an abundance of natural light in your home?
- Have your home heating or air-conditioning bills increased due to inadequately insulated or insufficiently fitting windows?
- Are your windows old, broken, or damaged?
- Does your home feel drafty even when the windows are closed?
- Are your windows difficult to open and close? Do they get stuck in one place?
- Are your windows or window frames warped or rotten?
- Do you see evidence of water or mold on the top floor of your home’s interior ceilings?
- Is your roof reliable and secure, or leaky?
- Are you aware your roof is vital to protecting your home’s structural integrity, and it’s important to recognize when it needs to be replaced?
- Most roofs last between 13-18 years. Is it time to replace your roof due to normal wear and tear?
- Are your shingles cracked or damaged?
- Do you have shingles missing on your roof?
- Is your roof showing signs of wind, hail, or other storm damage?
- Is your roof warped or sagging?
- Have your gutters been cleaned in order to prevent damage?
- Have you inspected your gutters to remove debris, prevent leaks, and avoid moisture damage?
Decks and Porches
- Is your deck showing signs of wood rot or other damage due to harsh weather?
- Has your porch or backyard deck received water-resistant treatments in order to protect and lengthen its lifespan?
- Does your home’s interior feel drafty, indicating it may be time to install a more insulated door that fits securely into place?
- Have your home heating or air-conditioning bills increased due to poorly insulated or scantily fitting doors?
- Do you recognize that hollow doors are easy for intruders to penetrate, leaving you and your family at a greater risk?
- For your protection, do you have a solid-core or metal-clad exterior door with the latest locking mechanisms?
- Does your current exterior paint look chipped or cracked?
- Has the Portland moisture or vivid temperature changes made your exterior paint look faded?
- Do you see the advantages of applying new paint in order to add a layer of protection against damaging weather elements?
Now that you’ve gone through our home exterior bulletproof checklist, check out the top 3 practical home exterior solutions to bring your home bulletproof security and lasting beauty.
1. James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding
James Hardie siding protects and beautifies houses while offering homeowners the greatest return on investment in exterior improvements. New siding enhances your home’s curb appeal, preserves it from wear and tear, and is easy to care for. Its resilient, low maintenance nature makes it an ideal option for beautifying and protecting your home. James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding is:
- Durable, attractive, and easy to maintain
- Resistant to cracks, chipping, and peeling
- Resistant to rot, fire, wind, water, and other weather damage
- Resistant to termites and other pests
Windows by Milgard, Marvin, and Jeld Wen
New windows increase the energy efficiency of your home, saving you money on monthly utilities. They provide added security to your home for your peace of mind. There’s nothing like new windows to enhance your home’s curb appeal and increase your property value. These top brands are loved by homeowners and offer:
- Innovative safety features
- Increased natural lighting indoors
- A variety of options from which to choose for elements like window cleaning, window opening, and closing
- Low maintenance and high performance windows for customer satisfaction
Roofing by Owens Corning
It’s imperative that your home’s roof be secure and in excellent condition so you can enjoy its protection for years to come, no matter what the Portland weather brings your way. Installation by an Owens Corning preferred installer gives homeowners:
- A dependable product with a lifetime warranty
- Installation techniques that meet the manufacturer’s high standards
- Shingle colors to increase your home’s curb appeal
At Lifetime Exteriors we know that wise homeowners desire functional home exteriors that truly protect their home and enrich their quality of life. The problem is that the outside of many people’s homes are deteriorating, causing homeowners frustration and stress.
We believe you shouldn’t have to worry about the condition of your home’s exterior. We understand how wearisome it can be when your home’s condition declines. That’s why for 10 years, we’ve helped hundreds of homeowners in the Portland metro area install durable exterior products that protect their home.
It’s critical to stay on top of your home’s condition, and Lifetime Exteriors is here to assist you. We make it simple to fortify your home’s appearance, strengthen its ability to withstand weather, and enhance its resistance of unwanted problems and pests so you can enjoy your home again. Call us today at (503) 719-6644 for a free estimate on your home’s next exterior remodeling project so you and your family can experience a durable, low maintenance, and beautiful home again.