What Is T1-11 Siding?
Whether you’ve seen it advertised as T1-11 or T-111 siding, this “go-to” familiar siding product is made of wood composite, giving homes a natural wood grain appearance. A mainstay when it comes to home construction, it’s easy to work with, and cutting and maneuvering it is simple, making its installation less time-consuming than other siding materials. The problem is that it just doesn’t stand up to the constant weather conditions that Portland homes endure.
The best siding option by far is James Hardie.
James Hardie Fiber Cement: The Best Alternative To T1-11 Siding In the Portland Area
Old, worn wood composite siding makes homes look lackluster, susceptible to fires, and puts them at risk of costly, damaging moisture.
Don’t settle for that frustration. Boost curb appeal and protection against harsh weather for your Portland area home with gorgeous, durable James Hardie siding installed by the pros at Lifetime Exteriors.
Advantages of James Hardie Siding Over T1-11
There are many reasons to replace your T1-11 siding with James Hardie fiber cement:
- Moisture resistance — Hardie’s fiber cement makeup doesn’t wear down due to exposure to rain, salty water, or rough weather.
- Fire resistance — Hardie siding is rated noncombustible, doesn’t fuel fires, and may even earn you a discount on homeowner’s insurance.
- Pest resistance — Fiber cement can’t feed annoying insects, woodpeckers, or rodents.
- Low maintenance — You won’t need to perform the constant repairs that wood requires, saving you time and money.
- Durability — Hardie siding is warrantied up to 30 years, and often lasts as much as 50 years because it’s so resilient.
- Trusted installations — As a James Hardie Preferred contractor, our team installs your siding with precision.
- Flexibility — If your T1-11 siding is in good shape, we can place Hardie boards over it for a swifter installation process. Just ask our experts for an assessment of the best approach for your home.
- Eye-catching designs — With Hardie’s many style options and colors, your home will look beautiful and unique.
The Lifetime Exteriors Difference
Siding has important functions. It not only makes your home exterior look gorgeous, but also protects it from the elements 24/7, and shields it from pests, fire, and water intrusion. While your siding material choice is vital to its performance, equally important is how meticulously it’s installed. Siding installation isn’t a DIY job, and shouldn’t be entrusted to just any contractor. As a James Hardie Elite Preferred contractor, Lifetime Exteriors stays current with installation techniques to protect your 30-year warranty.
You deserve a home you can be confident in—one that withstands the tests of time. We’ve helped hundreds of homeowners in the Portland Metro area install gorgeous, lasting Hardie siding to protect their property and love its lasting beauty.
Contact us today to get a free estimate on replacing your old T1-11 siding with James Hardie.